3 Reasons It Could Be Time For A New Absence Management System
£18 billion. That’s the cost of absence in the workplace each year according to ACAS. Could your absence management process be more efficient? If so it might be worth updating your internal system. This article explores reasons it might be time to invest in a new absence management system.
- Mistakes are made – If the person responsible for HR is inundated with requests without the use of an efficient absence management system, it’s easy for holidays and sicknesses to go unrecorded. Whilst this is good for employees it results in a massive financial loss for a business.
- Short term absence costs – Using Bradford Factor scoring short term absenteeism, a huge cost to UK business can easily be monitored and is a widely recognised measure by HR professionals.
- Paper based submissions – Some companies still rely on paper-based processes when granting permission for holidays. This requires lots of time consuming manual work such as scanning in and signing off. If having a desk full of ‘paper-work’ to do is a recurring nightmare for your HR team – a technology-based absence management system will definitely solve this problem.
- Unreliability of paper – Traditional paper systems can be unreliable with requests often lost or mislaid and there is no record of when a person made a request. An automated electronic holiday request system resolves this as everything is completely transparent.
- Evidencing is difficult – It’s impossible to evidence employee attendance performance accordingly without any data and insights available. Tactical absences happen in many businesses over a time period, but without the clear evidence to show that the abuse occurred it’s very difficult for HR teams to take appropriate action.
How a new absence management system can help:
With the introduction of a new absence management system all of these problems are easily solved. Tracking holiday entitlements, Eliminating paper requests, Managing holidays effectively and monitoring absenteeism with Bradford Factor scoring all with one software can save 50% of your HR teams time. Electronic holiday requests can be time stamped for secure auditing and managers have full transparency to view holiday plans before authorising an absence ensuring proper staff planning and control.
If the above pain points sounds like a familiar headache it’s probably time to implement a new absence management strategy for your organisation. Click here to find out how Addtime’s comprehensive Platinum Enterprise software solution can save you time and money today.